Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Festival of Poland


Today I took a very nice walk to the Covent Garden Market (http://www.coventmarket.com/) on the corner of Richmond and King St. At the market they were celebrating the wonderful country of Poland in Central Europe.  The Festival started at 11:00 and ended at 18:00. 

During this time of festivities I was able to try and experience new polish foods and see some of the art work and jewelries. Also I was able to go back in time and think of all the good memories I was able to have with my grandparents since they were the ones that introduced me to traditional polish foods, while I ate some familiar foods at the festival today.


The next two pictures was a beautiful polish lady sitting on this bench practicing for her performance later on that day. She had a beautiful voice and I thought her outfit was beautiful as well. 


The next two pictures was a group of people doing a wonderful dance. I also thought there clothes were gorgeous. 


Later on during the day I was able to witness an interesting dance with wooden shoes (it looked painful). These shoes reminded me of tap dancing shoes because while they were dancing the dancers would stomp there feet, clap them together, and do other movements to make different sounds with there feet just like tap dancers would have done as well. 





Part way threw the day a group called The TomatoSoup Band (http://www.tomatosoup.ca/) came and performed a great musical show. They were very very good. 




I had such a wonderful time at the festival today. Was able to see and taste all kinds of things. But I had to leave before it finished because I was starting to burn and get heat stroke. At least it was a beautiful to have a great festive day. Hope they do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment