Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Childhood Best Friend

Every child has there favorite toy or thing that they have to have with them at all times. It could have been a teddy bear, a blanket, pass-afire, bottle, barbie, etc.. 

When I was growing up my favorite thing is the whole world was my Teddy Bear. He was extremely white, so soft and fluffy. I received him as a birthday gift from my godfather on my second birthday. At that moment when I received him on my birthday, Teddy never left my side, except for the random times that I lost him.

Teddy was my first best friend. He was there for me when I was scared of the thunder and lightning at night, and when I was scared of the dark. When I was sad because my brother and I was fighting or because I had a bobo from something or another, I knew I always had my Teddy`s shoulder to cry on. There was other times I needed someone to talk to and I knew the only person that would understand me was him. 


Where ever I went Teddy went with me. Did not matter if it was for 5 minutes or if it was for 5 hours he had to be in my arms. I took him to the store, the doctors office, to school and to the hair dressers. There was one time I had lost him when I went to the hair dressers and FORGOT my Teddy there but I did not know that I left him there. My mother told me that it was like the end of the world for me when I could not find him. We searched high and low for him for days and days but he was no where to be found. 6 months later I went back to the hair dressers for another hair cut and when I walked into the door I saw my Teddy waiting fr me. I was the happiest little girl in the world. From that moment on I was a lot more careful.

At the age of 6 years old, as I was getting out of my mothers car and I notice my Teddy`s eye was gone (Poor Teddy he was blind in one eye). During the years he has under gone multiple surgeries for his stuffing, etc. This was due from all the love that was given to him over the years not abuse! As you can tell from this picture he has been threw a lot over the years.

Over the years I would turn to my mother and ask her what I should name my teddy  because I never really gave him a name when I got him, and every time I would ask her she would start to giggle and say `` you have already gave him a name the day you received him. His name is TEDDY``. I would giggle and realize, yeah he does not need a name he always had one. TEDDY it was. 

Because I`ve had my Teddy for so many years I was never able to give him up and I do not think I will ever be able to. Right now he sits on my dresser and he watches over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment